Run 3 -5 minutes each WU/CD; Run 2 minutes Walk 1 minute x 7
Total Time: 29 minutes 56 seconds
Total Distance Travelled: 2.73km
Distance Run: 1.42 km
Distance Walked: 1.31 km
Overall average pace: 10.57 mins/km
Average run pace: 8.51 mins/km
Average cadence: 111 spm
Average heart rate: 136 bpm
General impression: Not my favourite run.
- Cadence off the magical 160 I used to be able to do, not sure what’s happened there!
- Stride length up from 0.73 to 0.81m
- Struggled to complete the full 2 minutes.
- Set my app to tell me when I was half way through the interval, along with my pace, and I think that put me off. I think I much prefer to just run until the lady says stop. Hearing her tell me I was half way through and still had the same to do again did not help!
- Didn’t stretch or foam roll before I went out. Mistake. My achilles was already tight. Now I’m aching in all kind of places so going to hit the foam roller. But – who has time for a 30 minute stretch and roll before every run? Will it ever get better and not need this constant attention?
- It’s a year today since I completed the Blenheim Palace triathlon, and I’m very happy that I’m still at it. Even if slowly with rubbish cadence!